How to Meditate with your Mala
You have received your mala and you love the way it looks and feels! Creating a meditation practice with your mala can bring immense calmness and clarity. Now, learn the ways to use your Mala.
- Find a space that is quiet and that you feel safe.
- Connecting with Gaia (Mother Earth), you can do this by sitting on the ground or if in a chair then feet are touching the ground.
- Prepare yourself for intentional breathe. Go ahead, one big nice deep inhale, hold just 4 seconds and release with full exhale. Do this a few times to relax your body and mind.
- Start by holding the mala in your right hand with the guru and tassel facing you.
- Touching the first bead above guru with thumb and inside of finger.
- Inhale and Exhale, Say your mantra or prayer.
- Gently pull the bead down towards you and repeat your mantra.
- Say your mantra with each bead that you pull towards you for a total of 108 times. 108 are on each mala.
- Stop with your Guru bead, say a pray of gratitude.
- Place your mala around your neck or in the "Mala Home" for safe keepings.
- Stuff may come up. Life gets busy and your mind will try and convince you that you don't have time for your mala practice. YOU DO HAVE TIME.
- Commit to this practice. Aim to do this practice twice daily for 40 days.
- Feel free to contact us and let us know your results!
The 5 Fingers Used in Mala Meditation:
There are acupressure points on each of the fingers that work on different parts of the psyche and the brain. When the beads press the meridian points in the finger, you can work on a specific result. The meridian point you are trying to activate is located on the side of each finger, in the center point between the tip of the finger and the upper knuckle.
The properties of the meridian points for each finger are as follows:
- Index Finger (Jupiter Finger): Wisdom. Knowledge. Prosperity
- Middle Finger (Saturn Finger): Patience.
- Ring Finger (Sun Finger): Health. Vitality. Strengthen the Nervous System.
- Little Finger (Mercury Finger): Communication. Intelligence.
Many Mala Blessings!